The Friends of the Library sponsor activities in support of The Ripon Public Library. Ongoing activities include:
- Used book sales (now held twice a year in April and October) - the last sale earned over $2,200 for the library!
- A monthly book discussion group
- Annual meeting and program
New members are always welcome! Please stop by the library for a membership / volunteer application, or print out an application and bring or mail it to the library. Checks may be made payable to the Friends of the Ripon Public Library, 120 Jefferson St., Ripon, WI 54971
Benefits of Joining the Friends of the Library Include:
- Free admission to Book Sale's Early Bird Sale
- Complementary "Among Friends" library newsletter mailed a minimum twice a year
2013-2014 Friends Board Members include:
- Chairperson - Larry Smerling
- Chair-elect - Margaret Schmidt
- Secretary - Jackie Halverson
- Treasurer - Desiree Bongers
- Book Sale Coordinator - Margaret Schmidt
- Board Member at Large - Lois Quinney
- Board Member at Large - Sandra Steinbring
- Board Member at Large - Gerry Nelson
Fun Facts About the Friends
- The Friends of the Ripon Public Library was organized in 1963.
- The Friends hold multiple-day book sales in April and October.
- Donations for the book sales are accepted at any time and can be dropped off at the Library.
- The Friends hold an annual meeting in April and book a special presenter for the program.
- The Friends have assisted the Library with the following items recently:
- Digital camera
- Support and funding for a variety of programs at the library, including Pinterest Craft Club for teens and adults and a book club
- Programs and prizes for the Adult, Teen and Children’s Summer Reading Programs
- Collection of books on CD for children
- Collection of books on CD for adults