Check out this list of outstanding performers we were able to "dig up" for the 2013 Summer Reading Program! All events are FREE!!!
- Tuesday, June 18 @ 10:00 a.m. “Let’s Make-up!” with Missoula Children’s Theater
- Tuesday, June 25 @ 6:30 p.m. Bill Bosworth of the Science Alliance (Funded in part by the Ripon Science Club)
- Tuesday, July 2 @ 10:00 a.m. Zoozort Live Wild Animal program
- Tuesday, July 9 @ 6:30 p.m. The Atwood Players presents Scavenger Hunt USA!
- Tuesday, July 16 @ 2:00 p.m. ¡Say, Olé! with La Cuenta Lista—The Clever Storyteller
- Tuesday, July 23 @ 4:00 p.m. Zinghoppers presents Conductor Jack
- Tuesday, July 30 @ 3:00 p.m. Great Scott & the Magical Archeology Adventure!
In addition to all of those FREE programs, kids can stop in on the following R.E.A.D.— Reading Education Assistance Dogs—Wednesdays
- June 19 to July 30 from 1-2:30 p.m.—Read with Biscuit
- June 26, July 10 & 24 from 5:30-7 p.m.—Read with Shalee
How does the summer reading program work?
Registration is not required to attend the FREE performances and events, listed above, unless otherwise noted. Participation in the reading portion of the program does require a quick visit to the library to register. Registered participants may be eligible to receive weekly reading awards and be entered in to a prize drawing at the end of the summer that will involve a family stay in Wisconsin Dells! Complete information, regarding reading goals and rewards, is available upon registration.
In partnership with the Ripon Area School District, students entering grades 3-6 have a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD! To enter, turn in up to 10 book reviews to the RIpon Public Library between June 7 - August 31. One Kindle Fire HD will be awarded per grade level - visit the library for details. Click image or link to print a copy of the book reviews template [PDF format] or stop by the library for free copies of this form.
The annual summer reading program is funded by the Friends of the Ripon Public Library! It aims to promote literacy & the joy of reading as well as inspire enthusiasm for a lifetime of curiosity and questing for knowledge!
Registration is not required to attend events—come one, come all!